Elevate your spirit!
Elevate your spirit
The spirit is the ultimate and highest part of the being, that which is one with everything. It is all there is, has been and always will be.
The best way to honor your spirit is to only BE.
As much as possible, just be fully present and fully aware. This can be done by meditation. The practice of daily meditation in a disciplined way helps us calibrate our center.
Awareness and consiousness can also be practiced in every activity by concentrating on our breathing, becoming a witness of our thoughts and then giving our complete attention to the present moment.
So, how can you elevate your spirit? Keep reading to find out 5 actions you can take today!
1. Meditate. Sit down in a comfortable position. Close your eyes. Be in silence and concentrate on your breathing. Thoughts will come, let them flow without judgement. Be an observer. Meditating in the morning after waking up is a wonderful way to start your day. Meditating at night before going to bed is also great. However, you can just meditate at whatever time works for you and for how long you can. You don’t necessarily have to sit for hours, just a few minutes will have the same positive effect. Eventually, you start enjoying it so much that you will want to spend more time meditating and will even lose track of time. The important thing is that you create the habit of just being every day. We are usually so focused on doing that we forget to be. Try it and experience the power of meditation.
2. Be thankful. When you wake up, think of all the things you are thankful for, a new day, your home, family, friends, job, etc. During the day, feel gratitude towards everything and everyone in your life. The air you breath, the clothes you wear, the person who held the door open for you, be thankful for even those situations in your life that disturb you because they are making you get out of your comfort zone and help you grow and be a better person….The more you do it, the more things you will be thankful for. This feeling of gratitude keeps attracting more of those things you are thankful for into your life.
3. Contribute. There is always some contribution you can make to the world. Be of service, help anyone in any way you can. Everything can be an act of service. For example, when you are working think “how can I contribute?” and do what you can for that, it totally shifts your attitude towards work. Find your own way to contribute to the world, everyone has a unique gift to share.
4. Listen to your intuition. This is a good one! You see, we tend to seek for answers to our questions on the outside, thinking that the source, god or however you may call it, is somewhere out there. The truth is that it is within. Each one of us is a manifestation of the same creative force that has created the universe. What we call intuition is that part of us pure and connected that knows exactly the answers to our questions, what to do in every situation, etc. Intuition leads us in the right direction. We might not listen to it and often we just ignore it. Start listening to your intuition. Just go with your gut. When you don’t know what to do, think of your question, see how you feel and follow your gut. Deep down, you always know.
5. Detach from your ego. One way to do it is to stop the need to be right. Whenever you find yourself defending your point in an argument because you are the one who’s right, stop it immediately and be loving instead. When you feel offended, that’s your ego as well. Start paying attention and you will realize how we are most of the time governed by our egos. The more aware you become of your ego the less power it will have on you. You can read the book “the power of the now” from Eckart Tolle for more on this subject.
Incorporate these principles into your life and make it a habit, you will notice a positive change in other areas of your life!
Also, let me know in the comments below:
– Which one from these practical tips do you plan to apply in your own life and why?
– Do you have another “practical tip” to elevate the spirit? Share it with all of us!